Thursday 23 July 2015

Third visit-it was all about the pee

My third visit to the clinic was on 13th June which was day 3 of my cycle. I came in with a full bladder for the ultrasound.My appointment was at 2 pm and I started drinking water from 12.30 pm. Boy, was that a wrong move! By 2 pm, my bladder was bursting. I've never had the urge to pee so bad. I couldn't even get up. My husband was so amused and I wanted to whack him! I finally went to to the loo and peed a little bit. 2 pm came and went and out turn had not come. There were so many people to see Dr Prashant Nadkarni. Our turn finally came at 3.30 pm!

Dr Prashant Nadkarni did the ultrasound and everything was normal. Since I was on day 3 of my cycle, the uterus lining was thin as he explained to me. He also pointed out my left and right ovaries. They looked like small blobs on the screen, it was all very exciting!

The doctor said that since he had to vaginal examination with sedatives for me, he'll do it along with a IUI. He prescribed Tamoxifen which I had to take every night for 5 days. You can take it any time but some women get headaches so it is advised to take it at night. He asked me to come on day 11 of the cycle for another ultrasound. He would check on the status of ovulation then. He also asked me if I was taking any vitamins or supplements. I had been taking only folic acid, Dr suggested that it would be better to buy an over the counter prenatal vitamin which contains other essential vitamins along with folic acid.

After hearing that we would be proceeding with IUI, my husband and I were both excited. It seemed that things were finally moving somewhere! We went to Siem Reap over the Hari Raya weekend (it was so humid,ugh) and I couldn't wait to get back to Kuala Lumpur for the IUI.

So what did I learn from this visit? You don't need a full bladder for the ultrasound. It should be half full. And don't start drinking water until 1 hour before the appointment. 2-3 glasses will do the trick (I drank something like 2 litres, silly me)


No comments:

Post a Comment