Tuesday 28 July 2015

Being positive

It has been 5 days since the IUI. I continued to have spotting for 3 days, and I felt something pulling and stretching in my lower abdomen for quite some time. I went to the gym on Sunday but could only manage to walk at a very low speed on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Yesterday was a lot better, I walked for 30 minutes and was careful to not overdo it. I read somewhere that a an over-heated body is detrimental to a growing embryo. I know that I'm not pregnant yet and reading all sorts of conflicting advice on the net is confusing. I'm reading to crank up the intensity level today but not at the same level as before.

By nature, I'm not terribly positive. I have a tendency to obsess and worry about the small things. While browsing TTC blogs, I read about a woman who keeps a daily journal where she records all that she's thankful of. I liked the idea and have started doing the same. Rather than  focusing on things that are missing (no job, no baby, no social circle in KL) I want to emphasize the positive things in my life and there are so many- my health, having a wonderful friend and companion in my husband, having incredible parents and in-laws, having friends I can blindly trust, having the opportunity to travel and explore the world, the means to lead a comfortable life...the list goes on. Thank you God for your many blessings.

I had a dream about a woman who's heavily pregnant. She didn't look like me, but in my dream I was looking at the world through her eyes. She's single and is travelling with her boyfriend. They suddenly have an ugly spat and she's all alone in a different country. If I had to analyze it, I'd say that the dream reflected my feeling that I'm alone. I'm not alone. I have support from all quarters, I just have to seek it.


3 comments: